A number of primary and secondary sources on international human rights law are available online, in addition to information on human rights conditions. Use the pages in the Research Aids section of this website to:
- look up treaties, declarations and other International Human Rights Instruments
- search for judgments and other decisions by international courts and quasi-judicial bodies in a variety of Jurisprudence Databases
- find in-depth explanations of, and commentary on, international human rights law under Analysis: Books, Articles, Etc.
- get a general understanding of a particular human right (e.g., freedom of expression or health) and tips for further research by using the Thematic Research Guides
- research a particular State’s human rights record or widespread practices of international concern using the country-specific and thematic resources in the Human Rights Conditions section
- identify NGO Websites useful for keeping track of news, current commentary, and action campaigns by organizations active in the field of human rights