Work with IJRC
The International Justice Resource Center is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
IJRC encourages applications from members of underrepresented and minority groups, and is committed to maintaining a diverse staff.
IJRC is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
he International Justice Resource Center is accepting applications to fill a key volunteer position. The Administrative Volunteer will work with IJRC’s Executive Director to research, design, and help implement strategies to successfully increase charitable support from foundations, individuals and corporations; plan and organize local events; and build relationships with other non-profit organizations.
The ideal volunteer will be a self-starter familiar with the Bay Area who has experience in a non-profit setting.
This position will provide an exciting opportunity to help a small organization grow, and will directly contribute to IJRC’s efforts to increase access to justice for victims of human rights abuses around the world.
Duties would include:
• Assisting in planning and organizing networking events and trainings.
• Identifying and approaching local business to solicit support for events.
• Researching funding opportunities.
• Developing strategies for increasing contributions from local, national and international foundations, individual donors, and family foundations.
• Cultivating relationships with prospective donors and with other non-profit organizations, in cooperation with the Executive Director.
• experience in an administrative or fundraising role;
• passion for helping a small nonprofit organization reach its next stage of growth;
• strong interpersonal skills; and
• a collaborative, creative, and enthusiastic approach.
Additionally, the volunteer must be based in the Bay Area and be able to, at minimum, come into IJRC’s San Francisco office for meetings with the Executive Director.
IJRC will consider applications from all individuals who meet the minimum qualifications.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Lisa Reinsberg, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please indicate your availability by specifying the anticipated number of hours per week, start date, and duration of your volunteer commitment.
Pro Bono Attorneys & Law School Clinics
IJRC is grateful to the pro bono attorneys and to the students and professors in law school clinical programs who have contributed to our work. We welcome expressions of interest in collaborating on discrete projects, such as news posts or feature articles, legal research and writing on specific topics, updates or additions to the IJRC website, human rights defender interviews, and amicus curiae briefs. To propose a specific project or to inquire about opportunities, please email Lisa Reinsberg, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.